American National is currently seeking candidates for an SAP Business Warehouse Developer position to support a recent implementation of SAP Financials. This is a full time permant position that offers a desirable work-life balance, a short 37.5 hour work week, flex schedule and an array of benefits.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Education and Technical Requirements:
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the enterprise wide SAP implementation project
- Design, build, and maintain SAP BI/BW data models, data store objects and information stores
- Design and develop SAP BI/BW solutions (data models, information objects and info cubes) for programs/projects to fulfill business needs and requirements.
- Design and create reports to meet user requirements
- Work closely with business to gather and document business requirements and test plans
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of SAP BI principles, theories, concepts and techniques including SAP Portals, Netweaver, J2EE and SAP XI
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other developers who may be new to SAP.
- Upon project completion/ go live, candidates must be prepared to assume a support/systems maintenance role
Required Behavioral Attributes :
- IT related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to concisely evaluate the business requirements of the end-user departments and recommend and/or participate in the study of appropriate business solutions
- 3-5+ yrs SAP BW/BI development including: data extraction/transformation/loading, data modeling, query definition, web application designer, report designer and performance tuning & monitoring
- 1-2 yrs using BEx Analyzer, Web Application Designer and Crystal Reports
- 1-2 yrs ABAP (i.e.. user exits, update/transfer rules, start routines, etc.) coding and code optimization experience
- Experience in SAP's Netweaver platform, including SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and SAP Solution Manager (SM)
- Working knowledge of SAP FI modules
- Full SAP project life cycle experience including Post-Go-Live support
- Familiarity with SAP’s ASAP methodology or equivalent
- Experience in related industry is desired
American National is an EOE
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are essential
- The desire to work in a team oriented environment with the willingness to share skills with other team members is a prime requirement
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in diversified teams
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Candidates should possess the proven ability to achieve objectives through interpersonal relationships
- Possess the ability to identify business change management implications associated with the desired project goal
NO solicitations please. *Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. upon application.
For over 100 years, American National Insurance Company has been a leader and innovator in the insurance industry and is one of the most respected and financially sound insurers in the United States. If you are seeking a position with a stable yet growing company and opportunity for career progression, American National is the place to be.