– Nashville, TN
Responsibilities include independent and team activities supporting the company's SOX 404 compliance, internal audit activities, and advisory activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
May act as Auditor-In-Charge (AIC) on medium-to-large and/or moderately complex information technology audits or integrated financial audits. On large and/or technically IT complex audits, may serve as backup to the AIC and/or may be assigned challenging, high-risk, or technically complex sections. Provides IT audit support for integrated financial audits.
- Acts as AIC on medium-to-large and/or moderately complex IT audits. Supervises a staff of one-to-four auditors during audits. Delegates work to the staff, and reviews staff workpapers to ensure audit objectives are met and that work is completed within deadlines and according to audit standards. Periodically communicates audit results to auditee management, conducts the audit conference, drafts the audit report and memo.
- Serves as backup to AIC on large and/or technically IT complex audits. May be assigned audit work that is technically complex or of high importance to the audit. Performs and documents assigned testwork, using automated workpapers and related software as an integral tool of the audit. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, ensures assigned audit objectives are met and work is completed in accordance with standards and within time targets. Participates in financial integrated audits as IT support/audit expertise.
- Coordinates special projects as assigned by IT Audit management. Participates on task forces and special purpose committees including those organized for conversion purposes or software implementation.
- Develops knowledge and expertise in information technology and related infrastructure in order to assist and advise senior management on risk management practices.
- Provides on-the-job training and guidance to IT Staff Auditors with particular attention to those who are new to audit.