We have experienced continuous growth and increased revenue since inception! Agilex is an employee-owned, privately held company where achievements are recognized and rewarded. Based in Chantilly, Virginia and founded in 2007, Agilex provides mission and technology consulting, software and solution development, and system integration services. Agilex was founded with the notion to bring together business expertise with the foremost database and IT knowledge to offer clients innovative thinking on leveraging advanced technologies within the Healthcare IT, Intelligence, Homeland Security and Government Services Sectors.
Employees are eligible to earn stock based on performance. Want to work with a group of professionals who have very successful track records and who expect, look forward to and value the ideas of others? If the answer is yes, please take a look at our career opportunities and contact us so that we can talk to you about taking your career to the next level.
Agilex is looking for a System Engineer with expertise in both Storage solutions and Linux Operating Systems to join our consulting team. Qualified candidates will be providing support for the stand up of large and complex solutions and the subsequent migration of large, complex and highly available applications to this new environment. This position requires an extremely dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in fast-paced environments and can work across a range of technologies. This position will require a significant amount of documentation and coordination with external teams and vendors. Experience working in Federal Government environments is preferred.
Agilex Technologies is looking for a Linux System Engineer to join our consulting team. Qualified candidates will be standing up and provisioning IT systems and storage operations for complex systems requiring high levels of reliability and performance. This position requires an extremely dynamic and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in fast-paced environments. Experience working in Federal Government environments is preferred.
Enterprise backup design and implementation
- Ability to lead projects to their successful and timely completion with minimal supervision.
- 5-10 years of progressively senior Linux systems administration experience (systems hardware and software) Oracle Enterprise Linux preferred although Redhat is acceptable
- Linux networking skills including TCP/UDP protocols
- Linux performance tuning proficiency
- Shell and/or Perl scripting skills
- Demonstrated experience in documenting environment and processes (example: disaster recovery plan)
- Experience with monitoring tools and their implementation
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks on a tight schedule while providing first rate operational support
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge and implement new technologies
- B.S. degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience
- Server virtualization: OVMM preferred. Any virtualization experience will be considered.
- Network engineering concepts such as 802.1q, port channeling and trunking related to server virtualization
- Familiarity with the following software packages: Apache HTTP Server, Weblogic, Informatica PowerCenter, and Oracle Database
- Familiarity with high availability technologies: Red Hat Enterprise Linux cluster, Weblogic clustering, Oracle RAC
Redhat certification (RHCSA or RHCE) a strong plus
- Experience with load balancers such as F5 Big-IP LTM and GTM
- Experience working within an environment committed to industry best practices including software lifecycle management, change control, documentation, security and regulatory compliance
- A minimum 5 years of IT experience in a highly available web hosting environment or federal government environment
- Understanding of the concepts of a "cloud" architecture
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Red Hat Linux 5.2 and 5.3 running on 32-bit and 64-bit hardware
- Expert knowledge of Linux administration required; For example, file and share permissions, user administration, security, networking and storage administration
- Leadership in Developing, Planning and executing our Linux and Storage DR procedures
- Experience with Oracle Exalogic and Exadata highly desirable
- Experience with InfiniBand and its associated protocols highly desirable
EDUCATION: Must have a B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study and be eligible to work in the United States
- Professional consulting experience and background required
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation experience
- Must be a team player and have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be fully competent to work under general direction on complex projects usually on specific assigned projects, issues and problems. Several projects will usually be active at the same time, so the ability to multitask is essential to success for this position
- May require scheduled and unscheduled off-hours work
CLEARANCE: United States Citizenship and the ability to obtain and hold a Public Trust Suitability
"2011 GREATER WASHINGTON GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR ($25-75M category)"
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
For more information, visit www.Agilex.com.
Agilex - 22 months ago
Agilex is changing the game in the enterprise IT services business by bringing together some of the most noteworthy professionals in...