Under the direction of the Nursing Director or Supervisor, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN is responsible for directing all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice and federal, state, and local regulations. The RN incorporates knowledge of patient's age specific development and cultural diversity into the plan of care. The RN contributes to quality nursing care through process improvement techniques and multidisciplinary collaboration that demonstrates positive outcomes in the delivery of patient care. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
- Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina.
- BLS - Healthcare provider
- NRP-Within 6 months of employment
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing
- Women's Service experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Experience in specialty area preferred
Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
HCA Inc - 16 months ago