The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations/Warehouse Manager or Distribution Center Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
• Orderly stacking of product.
• Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality and productivity.
• Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage and errors.
• Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
• Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
• Maintain product locator system, and maintain high levels of inventory accuracy.
• Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
• Rotate product as appropriate.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
• Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
• Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
• Adhere to Kuehne + Nagel’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environment Program polices and procedures.
• Manpower analytical skills – daily and weekly staff planning and scheduling to make sure that each task has adequate resources.
• Conflict resolutions – responsible for resolving customer shipping and receiving issues.
• Analyze reports to ensure profitability of customer account.
• Minimum: High School or Technical degree.
• Desirable: College degree in Business Discipline or equivalent experience in business field.
• Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role.
• Experience in a union environment strongly recommended.
• Experience with retail distribution a plus.
• Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment.
• Proficiency in planning, staffing, and budgeting.
• Develop effective relationships and provide leadership.
• Successful communication - written and verbal.
• Establish priorities and multi-task.
• Possess professional business demeanor.
• Personal computers and materials handling equipment.
Kuehne & Nagel Logistics - 2 years ago
With more than 63,000 employees at over a 1,000 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s...