Position Type : Contract
Experience Level :
Start Date / End Date : 02/18/2013 / 02/18/2014
Demand Planning Analyst- Affiliate role
Recruiting a Demand Planning Analyst.
The Demand lead should monitor and analyze the demand for his/her region and support the update of the necessary metrics, reports and process to best anticipate demand driven events to both update Affiliates/Commercial and JSC organization for decision making.
He/she will be the liaison and support with the Affiliates/Commercial Organizations for the monitoring and maintenance of the statistical forecasting tool implemented, ensuring the agreed upon process, timing and procedures are respected.
He/she will be part of the newly created Centre of Excellence, in order to generate the demand as defined and agreed to with the Affiliates/Commercial Organizations and liaise with them in order to get timely monthly approvals.
He/she will also support further expansion and improvement of the statistical tool.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
o Make sure that the established Forecasting Process is well defined and demand is both generated and validated.
- Main responsibilities are:
o Support the project Team that the Next Generation Forecast (NGF) becomes a sound added value service provided to our commercial organizations
o Report and monitor a set of metrics to measure forecast performance. Prepare product/country summaries to support the reporting out to upper management.
o Support the Demand in order to have the most accurate Demand information available for the organization. This
o Understand the market intelligence, promotional activity, seasonality and other external factors that impact demand.
o Support the Design and generate monthly analysis on the forecast, checking for trends and anomalies, both for the countries and franchise so that the stakeholders can make decisions on the demand.
o Give input to the Demand Center of Excellence to contribute to one global repository to prepare one final demand for our Global Planning Group.
o Support the Regional Account Directors in their Demand Planning Meetings with the regions/franchise as requested including preparing data and participate in the monthly forecast meetings with all stakeholders as required.
o Continuously suggesting improvements to drive future improvements.
o Maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems together with the Team.
o Generate reports to compliment the alignment between the financial forecast and the operational forecast to review with the Demand .
o Potential for further process improvements
- Affiliate Point of Contact – Order management
o Support Forecast confirmation
o Evaluate monthly Canada forecasts for NA
- PO Systems troubleshooting (related to VMI products)
- Request the responsible Systems representative to make sure they’re aware of any issues, stay close to the solution and report back on issues.
o Regular follow up with plants/planners when needed and report back to the Team
o Review SLOB analysis, coordination of donations, and request for decisions by commercial
o Preparation of US and Canada One Pager Data to feed into One Pager
o S&OP Preparation support - Returns/Wholesaler/Expiry/APO data pulls and population of information into decks
o Preparation for S&OP process for these two groups
o Monitoring of Mean Demand Codes for abnormalities resulting in demand changes
- Degree or BA in Engineering/Mathematics/ Forecasting or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of supply chain experience.
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to present numbers are also fundamental
- Challenging mindset and be able to extract qualitative information whilst teaming with Business Partners.
- The role will interact with all other members of the supply chain organization and commercial team therefore ability to prepare communications.
- SAP APO, MRP, forecasting, Business warehouse and Demand Management Systems knowledge
- Proficiency in using Excel and Power Point
A10 - 13 months ago