Computer System Security Analyst 3
US Citizenship Required for this Position
Relocation assistance will be available
Number of Openings
A new world of opportunity exists at Northrop Grumman. Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Security Systems Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in support of the US Army Regional Computer Emergency Response Team - Europe (RCERT-E). The qualified applicant will be able to:
· Provide technical expertise regarding the defense of military information systems and networks.
· Monitor intrusion detection and security information management systems to discover malicious activity on U.S. Army command and control networks.
· Initiate computer incident handling procedures to isolate and investigate potential network information system compromises.
· Perform malware and/or forensic analysis as part of the incident management process.
· Design and integrate custom rules and reports into military security tools and data collection architectures.
· Conduct analysis of computer security advisories, current network penetration techniques, and military intelligence threat reports in order to improve the U.S Army computer network defense posture.
· Perform penetration testing against U.S. Army networks and information systems to uncover potential security holes that could be exploited by adversarial threat actors.
· Travel to units within theater to assist in computer network defense initiatives, incident investigations, forensic evidence collection, and end-user security awareness education.
· Deploy to other countries as required in support of U.S military operations and exercises.
· Create whitepapers and briefings to highlight emerging computer security trends to U.S. Army leadership and technical personnel.
· Perform other duties as needed to fulfill requirements specified in the contract performance work statement.
· Bachelor of Science degree and five (5) years of specialized experience OR;
· Associates Degree plus seven (7) years of specialized experience OR;
· Eleven (11) years technical experience; and
· Major Technical Certification (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, Cisco Certified Engineer (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE), etc.) .
In addition to the education requirements above, contractors must meet the following concurrent, relevant experience requirements:
· 3 years experience using one or more of the following security applications: SNORT Intrusion Detection System, McAfee Intrusion Prevention System, ArcSight SIM, Retina Security Scanner, IBM Real Secure Intrusion Detection System, CISCO Intrusion Detection System, CANVAS Security Suite, METASPLOIT, CORE Impact, ENCASE, TCPDump, Netflow, or Forensic Toolkit
· 3 years experience with one or more of the following operating systems: WINDOWS XP/VISTA/7/2003 SERVER/2008 SERVER, SUN-OS, LINUX, UNIX, RED HAT, CENT OS, or CISCO IOS
· 3 years experience using and maintaining IP networks
· 2 years direct experience with U.S. military command and control or commercial LAN/WAN communication systems.
Deployments to other countries as required in support of U.S military operations.
Shift work may be required.
Applicants are required to be fully compliant with DoD 8570.1 M IA Level, Job Position, and Computing Environment certification requirements within six months of arriving on-site.
For 8570.1 IA level requirements, all new employees will be categorized as IAT Level II, which is satisfied by obtaining one of the following certifications: GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP, CISA, GSE, SCNA, CISSP, or GCIH. For 8570.1 Job Position requirements, all new employees will either be categorized as a CND Analyst (requires either a GCIA or CEH), a CND Incident Responder (requires either a GCIH, CSIH, or CEH), or a CND Auditor (requires either a CISA, GSNA, or CEH). Lastly, 8570.1 Computing Environment certification is also required, and can be satisfied with a platform specific certification or equivalent training (e.g. MCP, CCNA, RHCSA, A+, etc.).
Applicants must have an active TS/SCI Security clearance.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 17 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...