What knowledge, skills and abilities do I need to have? (the must-haves)
- High school diploma with college courses or any combination of work of school experience that would be equivalent.
- At least one year prior customer service experience. Hotel or hospitality experience.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
- Ability to successfully organize and plan duties or services as a function of the department.
- Intricate knowledge of the hotel and surrounding community.
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives, agencies, and Red Lion guests.
- Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with others.
What are the essential functions?
What about the physical aspect of the job?
- Act as a liaison between guests and the services provided within and outside of the hotel.
- Greet all guests in a sincere and warm manner using their name whenever possible.
- Represent Red Lion Hotels Corporation in a professional and educated manner.
- Promote services of the hotel first, but always with the intent of meeting the guests complete satisfaction.
- Respond to any request in a timely fashion and follow through until its conclusion. Administrate the policies and procedures of the Guest Services Department when upper management is not present.
- Advise and assist the department manager of supervisor in any duties pertaining to the Guest Services Department.
- Constant vigilance of hotel and department for assistance and guidance of guests and employees.
- Uphold all job descriptions for the concierge and bell staff.
- Maintain the concierge desk on a daily basis.
- Participate and guide others in Red Lion’s service standards.
- A passion for service; responsible for delivering personalized, above and beyond service to all customers
- Standing/walking: Constantly. Walking approximately 3 miles on tile, cement and carpeted surfaces.
- Crouching: Constantly. If cleaning guest rooms, lifting supplies and cleaning windows, Kitchen, Front Office, throughout the hotel.
- Kneeling/crawling: Constantly. Completing my job throughout the hotel, if cleaning guest rooms, under beds, while cleaning bathrooms, if getting supplies, working in the kitchen, around the front office.
- Stooping: Constantly. Throughout the hotel in all aspects of keeping the hotel clean and up to standards - if cleaning guest rooms, kitchen, open spaces, lifting supplies and cleaning windows.
- Twisting: Constantly. Throughout the hotel.
- Reaching (overhead/extension): Occasionally. When cleaning high places reaching for supplies needed to perform my job.
- Handling / Grasping: Constantly. Handling cleaning supplies and equipment and documents.
- Fingering/ feeling: Constantly.
- Pushing/Pulling: Average weight 60 lbs frequently, Maximum weight 100 lbs frequently
- Lifting/carrying: Average weight 10 lbs occasionally, Maximum weight 20 lbs occasionally
Red Lion Hotels - 16 months ago