The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible to oversee, coordinate and drive specific projects within the designated business area to deliver insight into the performance of our existing products/strategies and provide recommendations in the launch of new products/strategies to meet or exceed business goals and increase profitability. This position will have responsibility for understanding key business metrics, performing adhoc analyses, reporting on business results, analyzing overall business performance, and driving "so what" conclusions for consideration by senior management. The Senior Business Analyst. will be held responsible for higher visibility projects and analysis and will present findings and recommendations to all levels of management. The Business Analyst, Sr. may also manage micro-level portfolio performance tracking that will be defined at various levels of granularity.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible to educate and mentor less senior Business Analysts and Associates.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- Minimum 5 years business analysis experience in designated business area with overall experience in the financial services and/or student loan industry
- Minimum 5 years SAS / SQL experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a project lead or key participant in multiple projects
- Track record of developing and implementing strategies
- Proven ability to analyze large amount of raw data to identify trends within the data that could be used to define and drive strategies and segmentations
- Proven ability to proactively identify opportunities based of his/her analytical insight
- Proven ability to present technical findings in a user-friendly, clear, and concise manner to ensure understanding by all parties
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed deadlines with a fluctuating work load in a time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated leadership/mentoring ability for less senior team members
- Experience presenting quantitative data via PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
Navient - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...