Additional highly preferred qualifications:
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining high performance file storage systems.
- Manage and support HPC scheduling software such as Moab, Maui, or Sun Grid Engine.
- Implement and support performance monitoring and fault monitoring systems.
- Monitor systems and storage performance, up to and including network components.
- Compile, package, install and upgrade software and operating system components.
- Create scripts and use tools to automate frequently performed tasks.
- Develop, improve, document and promote standard operating procedures.
- Interact directly with traders, Quants and other IT staff to troubleshoot problems and issues.
- Available to work nights and weekends as required. Qualifications:
- Extensive and thorough understanding of Linux (kernel, system libraries, system daemons, distribution software packaging, compiling and porting add-on packages, etc.), across multiple distributions (RedHat, Debian, etc.).
- Outstanding scripting skills in Bash and one or more of: Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Experience implementing and maintaining system configuration management tools (Puppet, CfEngine, Chef, Bcfg2).
- Thorough understanding of Linux IP networking concepts.
- Experience with system (Zenoss, Nagios) and log (Splunk, syslog-ng) monitoring/analysis tools.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varying technical abilities.
- Ability to work with highly confidential materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a combination of education and work experience equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years administering Linux server systems.
- Prior experience in the financial industry is not required.
Jobs, Chicago, Senior Linux Engineer, Linux, Systems Engineer, systems engineering, Redhat, Debian, Perl, Python, Ruby, trading systems
- Working knowledge of high-speed cluster interconnect technology (i.e. Infiniband, Myrinet, 10GigE).
- Experience with common HPC tools: Moab, Torque/Maui, Ganglia, Grid Engine, MPI and/or PBS.
- Expert knowledge of high performance file systems and storage technologies such as Lustre, GPFS, Panasas PanFS, or Quantum StorNext FS.
- Prior experience in a clustered compute/HPC or research computing environment.
- Experience with C/C++.