The Sanitation Manager is responsible for the support of plant operations in the development of programs and training that focus on sanitation. This position reports to the Production Manager. In the absence of the Sanitation Supervisor, the Production Manager/designee will serve as backup.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understanding local regulatory requirements and Kerry policies related to health, safety and sanitation.
• Responsible for oversight of the plant sanitation and CIP systems
• Ability to troubleshoot and be proactive concerning CIP systems.
• Perform regular follow-up on application of CIP and Sanitation schedules.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining sanitation procedures and programs.
• Optimize sanitation SOPs to achieve a higher level of effectiveness and efficiency as well as a lower environmental impact.
• Monitoring adherence to sanitation program policies and procedures in the plant and reports discrepancies to plant management.
• Conduct annual audit of the sanitation SOPs.
• Conduct daily sanitation GMP inspections of the facility and participates in the annual review.
• Responsible for Plant and production equipment cleaning and record keeping.
• Ensure upkeep and following of the Master Sanitation schedule.
• Perform sanitation requirements in accordance with company needs.
• Promote improvement efforts in sanitation.
• Work with Production Manager to review all sanitation training programs to ensure they are understood and completed by fellow sanitation personnel and/or production personnel in a safe and efficient manner.
• Make suggestions regarding improved techniques for the control of plant cleanliness.
• Coordinate and direct the activities of the sanitation department to maximize productivity while maintaining quality.
• Train and supervise sanitation personnel.
• Train all employees in sanitation SOPs, as well as, conduct refresher training to ensure employees are trained on updates and modification to SOPs.
• Meet with new employees that perform critical SOPs as part of their job and discuss the importance of this activity and how to adequately perform it.
• Adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Prepare corrective actions/preventive actions for sanitation related items found during the daily GMP walk.
• Participate in root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action plans on any event that could be caused by/related to sanitation.
• Responsible for plant relationship with chemical products supplier to ensure timely and effective technical support.
• General support of plant production and quality assigned by plant leadership.
• Attend all safety meetings, report any safety incidents/accidents and understand and follow all Company and Plant Safety policies and Procedures.
• Train in the HACCP program in order to identify critical steps and other instructions critical to effective implementation and maintenance of the Food safety Plan.
• Support for the SQF 2000 System.
Previous experience with automated CIP systems. Knowledge of food safety systems. Background in food microbiology and chemistry. Understanding of root cause analysis and corrective/preventative actions. Ability to work with cross functional teams across the plant. Strong interpersonal skills, communications, coaching and project management. Ability to read piping and instrumentation diagrams (or show potential to learn it) Excellent skills with Word and Excel Software’s. Good autonomy and organizational skills.
Minimum of 2-3 years Sanitation or Quality related experience in a food production environment.
Experience in the beverage industry.
Education and/or Experience:
Leader experience in a food manufacturing/Dairy Plant environment strongly preferred.
Technical education or degree in food science, chemistry or engineering.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.