Arbill Safety (www.arbill.com) is a premier manufacturer and distributor of industrial safety products and provider of safety related services and training.
Summary: Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies. Executes activities involved with maintaining ERP system data integrity and procuring goods and services, and maintaining inventory levels to support business plans by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the purchasing functions.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of buyers and clerical staff engaged in purchasing and S&OP functions, including new item set up. Trains new employees as required.
- Analyzes market and lead-time data to determine present and future material costs, negotiate competitive prices. Prepares market analysis reports.
- Develops system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service. Negotiates or supervises the negotiation of requests for equipment, supplies, materials and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Directs continuous improvement projects that may include but are not limited to designing, implements, managing and monitoring of purchasing reporting, transaction systems and work flow to improve efficiencies and meet company requirements.
- Works with Category Manager to recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services a competitive prices while maintain the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Prepares and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Assigns purchasing tasks to the appropriate personnel.
- Places orders with vendors/suppliers for all items, stock, non-stock, direct ships, consignment inventory and services.
- Ensures orders to Suppliers are confirmed and expedited, maintaining accurate delivery and pricing information on all open Purchase orders. Maintains data in ERP system as required.
- Manages and maintains supplier scorecards. Works with Category Manager on establishing and maintaining annual JMA’s (Joint Marketing Agreements) with key suppliers.
- Initiates strategic planning processes to support Arbill inventory turn and fill rate goals. Implements procedures to support these goals.
- Updates and/or directs updates of Supplier/Vendor pricing as required in ERP system.
- Sets up new Suppliers/Vendors in ERP system; updates records as required.
- Writes SOP’s and work instructions to ensure training and transition of responsibilities can be executed in an effective manner.
- Supports accounting efforts to resolve any accounts payable discrepancies relative to purchase orders.
- Approves invoices for payment to Supplier as required.
- Works with warehouse team on initiatives to maintain accurate data relative to products and inventory levels.
- Arranges for return to supplier or disposal of supplies that are overstock and/or damaged.
- Responsible for ensuring daily purchasing tasks are in alignment and support achievement of Company goals. Ensure that inventory levels and inventory availability support both Arbill’s financial goals for effective inventory levels as well as Arbill’s inventory turn and fill rate goals for current and future growth.
The Purchasing Manager will have 2 to 6 direct reports and is accountable for the safety of all employees and the performance of all employees in the Purchasing Group. Coaching, developing and providing annual reviews and quarterly feedback is a basic step in the process. Performance reviews, salary adjustments, and performance follow up (including disciplinary action if required) is part of the required skill set. Will also be required to work with other Arbill team members on projects/initiatives that support companywide goals. Initiate and lead projects as directed by V.P. Operations relative to these projects.
Strong negotiating, problem solving and planning skills; able to make business decisions based on daily/weekly or monthly needs. Ability to perform analytical evaluations. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to perform analytical evaluation of usage data and make buy decisions on daily/weekly basis.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- At least 7 years of professional work in Supply Chain.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory/management experience with at least 3 direct reports.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of purchasing/planning experience is required. Experience and strong knowledge of ERP systems is required. Experience in distribution is preferred. History of increasing inventory turns, cost savings negotiations and building supplier relationships must be demonstrated.
Effective communication is required in English only but the role will interface with foreign suppliers and customers so the Purchasing Manager must be a great listener and have cultural awareness to deal effectively in all business situations.
Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Strategic thinking skills. Ability to write basic mathematical cells for spreadsheets.
Must be able to manage basic cause analysis and lead teams to drive quality improvements.
ERP system hands on experience. Proficient in Microsoft office with ability to manage data manipulation in spreadsheets.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
APICS Education and/or certification a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
Understanding of APICS standards including but not limited to replenishment levels, S&OP, inventory management.
ZipRecruiter - 10 months ago
"If for any reason you are unhappy with your Arbill purchase, we are committed to making it right. We will gladly refund, exchange or r...