You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Classic Buick GMC Cadillac a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Purpose:
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be responsible primarily for the maintenance and good order of the shipping and receiving records and work area. Responsible for the carrying out of those jobs and/or assignments set forth by the department manager. This person will administer internal procedures and reports
Shipping and Receiving Clerk Duties and Responsibilities:
Parts Driver Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate records of items shipped and received.
- Process items for shipment according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Receive items according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Communicate incoming and outgoing status to appropriate internal customers and managers.
- Handle correspondence as directed by Dept. Manager
- Maintain an organized, safe, and efficient work area.
- Ensure effective tracking of shipments.
- Administer service car rental program.
- Ensure best relationship possible between dealership-customer-factory.
- Handle selected customer complaints.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor
- All other duties as assigned.
- Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
- Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Checks with the body shop each day to determine immediate parts needs.
- Delivers parts to body shop when needed and distributes to appropriate body technicians.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
- Unloads truck each night. Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Assists service department as needed with attendant responsibilities of managing the drop-off and pick-up of customers' cars.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- One year of experience in an automotive parts dept.
- One year of sales experience.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to work well with the public, sometimes with several customers at a time.
- Will be required to wear a dealership uniform at all times.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license