Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading provider of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security and energy management.
HBS’s Federal Group currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Project Manager to showcase their leadership skills for a large project in the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma area. The Installation PM will be responsible for building and delivering construction projects on time and under budget. Strong communication skills and a minimum of three years experience in the construction field are required.
The Project Manager will interact with the owner while supervising the sub contractors under his control.
- Manage projects to maintain a safe working environment for all Contractors, Customers and Honeywell Employees. The goal of no reportable injuries is the expectation of all Project Managers.
- Validate project staffing plans, subcontracts, schedules, and financial plans.
- Coach staff on the recognition and negotiation of changes from documented scope of work.
- Be familiar with the construction dispute resolution process and use your knowledge of contract documents, labor laws, construction contracts, and construction administration to minimize risk to other staff.
- Supervise and manage construction of new Heating Plants, Steam and Hot Water, Gas Line installation, Condensing Economizer, Chillers, Infrared Heating Systems, Energy Management Control Systems, Chemical Treatment of Heating and Cooling systems, Abatement of Asbestos, and Hazardous Materials.
- Develop cost projections and schedules for assigned work. Review and hold subcontractors accountable for project schedule.
- Review and approve the final written documents and the associated technical aspects of the work, including submittals, RFIs and Change Requests.
- Develop and clearly present recommendations to Lead Project Manager that meet the client’s needs while balancing the company’s risk to complete the work.
- Complete construction documents including bids, subcontractor selection, construction administration, cost control and quality control, commissioning and closeout documentation.
- Provide monthly financial reports to Honeywell Operation and Finance Managers.
- This position will require up to 75% travel.
- US Citizenship is required in order to gain access to client site.
- 3 years experience managing construction subcontractors at multiple job sites
- 3 years experience managing construction project budgets in excess of 500k
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Project or other project management software
- Valid State Driver's License
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- 6 years of direct project management experience in a construction environment.
- BA/BS in engineering, technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project Permitting Experience with Federal, State and local agencies.
- Project development experience with design/build contractors and A&E companies.
- Experience with General, Mechanical, Electrical and Controls construction.
- Experience with Installation and construction of new Heating Plants, Steam and Hot Water, Gas Line installation, Condensing Economizer, Chillers, Infrared Heating Systems, Energy Management Control Systems, Chemical Treatment of Heating and Cooling systems, Abatement of Asbestos, and Hazardous Materials.
- Experience with all facets of building renovations.
- Project management experience with an emphasis on energy savings performance contracting.
- PE certification preferred; however, experience, a successful track record and a desire to work on a team in a fast-paced, growing industry are the most important qualifications.
Honeywell - 2 years ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...