Bristol Hospice is now hiring for a Clinical Admissions Specialist!
At Bristol Hospice, we value our people. We listen to your needs, because we recognize that satisfied employees give superior service. Bristol Hospice is made up of passionate, committed people who have a desire to serve our community by making a difference in a positive, memorable way. If embracing a reverence of life through offering care and assistance to those in need is what motivates you, then you may have what it takes to be a part of the Bristol Hospice team!
Bristol Hospice supports ongoing growth and professional development, through schooling and advancement opportunities.
What Can Bristol Hospice Offer You?
Join Our Team !
- Loving Working Environment
- Growth Opportunities
Bristol Hospice is an equal opportunity employer.
The Clinical Liaison is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources within the Community; responding to customer and community needs regarding community education as it relates to the hospice philosophy of care and delivery of services; developing and increasing the access to Bristol Hospice Services in the communities that the location serves.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Facilitates initiatives that promote hospice access in the hospice community; ensures the educational needs of the community related to hospice care and services are assessed and met on an ongoing basis.
2. Continuously conducts community education needs assessments and develops an associated plan designed to meet community services as determined.
3. Facilitates communication with agency and referral sources as needed to promote the continuum of care.
4. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge in the field of community educational resources and shares information with appropriate organizational personnel.
5. Promptly responds to customer and referral source requests and concerns.
6. Serves as a hospice resource to the community and facilities to promote the continuum of care; provides in-services and educational programs to the community and facilities.
7. Coordinates with the Executive Director and Director of Patient Care Services regarding the planning, implementation and evaluation of in-service and continuing education programs.
8. Actively participates in the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) process, as directed by Executive Director or Director of Patient Care Services.
9. Participates in IDT meetings and works with the IDT to determine the patient/family plan of care as needed.
18. Provides patient/family education related to the patient/family plan of care.
19. Complies with accepted professional standards of practice and principles.
20. Provides other duties as required.
Must have a current CPR certification.
Must have a valid driver's license and a vehicle in good working condition, licensed and insured according to state and organization standards.
Must have excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
Problem solving skills.
Basic math skills.
Be able to perform prolonged or considerable walking or standing; be able to lift, position and/or transfer patients.
Be able to lift supplies and equipment; be able to perform considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and/or crouching.
Have visual acuity and hearing in order to perform required nursing skills.
The Clinical Liaison will be an Licensed Vocational or Professional Nurse OR a social worker.
Previous hospice and/or medical field experience strongly preferred.