This position will be responsible for all Systems Infrastructure & Data Centers within PubMatic. The IT Systems Administrator is the technical person on the team responsible for the plan, design, implementation & Support of SaaS/Cloud Systems Infrastructure and solutions for the organization. This position requires a combination of very strong technical competency across systems infrastructure & Service Source SaaS applications as well as the ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written, to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. Key areas of responsibility would include:
Additional responsibilities include mentoring of staff, actively seeking areas of infrastructure improvements, collection of data for capacity planning and providing input in long-term IT
- Leading the high-level system design and capacity planning for SaaS/Cloud infrastructure across development, QA, Staging and production environments.
- Developing lower-level implementation designs based on requirements from Infrastructure Engineer.
- Perform Systems & Data Center capacity planning across the SaaS/Cloud infrastructure – Systems, Storage, Applications, Data Center etc.
- Developing documentation artifacts such as build and run-books (operational procedures).
- Providing operational support to these SaaS/Cloud Infrastructure and systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Serve as a Sr. Systems Engineer resource for new infrastructure deployment across Development, QA, Staging & Production environments & Data Center.
- Act as lead liaison with Infrastructure Engineering; convert design requirements into technical designs that can be implemented in infrastructure.
- Lead work with System Engineer to develop documentation standards for technical designs, Operational run-books.
- Develop prototypes and evaluations of new infrastructure builds in preparation to deployment.
- Verify technical accuracy and consistency of configuration changes made by other systems engineer’s staff during infrastructure build process.
- Lead in capacity planning, tuning, infrastructure planning in the datacenter and define standards for the infrastructure.
- Lead & manage migration of code into environments from development environment to other environments.
- Participate in planning and execution of maintenance windows as needed as an escalation resource.
- Play a leading role in capacity planning and optimization for infrastructure systems.
- Write change log, change control forms and knowledge base documents to improve operations and to contribute to development of process improvements.
- Responsible for day-to-day 24x7 management of all Development, Test, Stage, and Production service/application infrastructure in a growing and dynamic environment
- Lead & architect strategic initiatives to address Cloud architecture design, data center consolidations, DR/BC, data backup/restore and others.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
- 5+ years of MUST HAVE SaaS/Cloud infrastructure operations on CentOS Linux experience.
- 5+ years of global Datacenter operations in Europe, Asia and Americas
- 6+ years administering UNIX/Linux (CentOS) operating system.
- 4+ years experience in systems monitoring administration/architecture UNIX/Linux is required.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and popular Internet services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administering and troubleshooting web servers including Apache.
- Knowledge of SSO, LDAP and virtual directory services
- Systems administration-level knowledge of DNS/BIND, AD, SMTP/Sendmail, NFS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Visio diagramming tool) is required
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required
- Knowledge of Linux server/workstation, deployment, provisioning to production.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Experience working with engineering on application deployment to production.
PubMatic enables publishers to realize the full potential of their digital assets. Since its founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.