Under general supervision of Operations Manager, oversees the maintenance, operation and repair of furniture, fixtures, basic electrical items, etc. Performs skilled and semi-skilled duties including painting, carpentry, plumbing, and welding.
- Repair and maintain thermostats, fixtures, electrical switches, furniture, lawn equipment and plumbing items including toilets, sinks, water fountains, drainage pipes and sprinkler systems.
- Inspect all fire extinguishers and alarms.
- Clean and replace filters, vents and ducts.
- Replace and install all doors, locks and windows.
- Cut/trim grass, and shovel snow when warranted.
- Order and/or pick-up adequate spare parts and supplies.
- Record all work performed. Maintain log of all maintenance and repair activities.
- Assist other Operation Department divisions to expedite set-up and tear-down events whenever possible.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scrubbing machines, or other light power driven equipment.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration. Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, explosives, and risk of radiation. Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Education and Work Experience
- Possess necessary knowledge and skills in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, HVAC and irrigation.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper use all tools, equipment, methods, practices and materials of trades involved in facility operations.
- Understand and work from general instructions and specifications and follow blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
High School diploma or G.E.D. and two (2) years full-time experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer to enter data
- Ability to read words and numbers in printed form and on a computer
- Ability to speak clearly with proper diction
- Walk/stand for extended periods during a shift
- Climb stairs and lift up to 30 lbs of equipment, climb ladders and work in an enclosed environment
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells, and horns
- Ability to travel by automobile and/or air
- Ability to use standard office equipment, such as calculator, PC, printer, fax, photocopier, telephone
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes MUST INCLUDE salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
- Will require being outside during adverse weather.
- May be exposed to a high noise level for extended periods of time.
- May be exposed to bodily fluids during course of work.
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 4 years ago
SMG, the world leader in venue management, marketing and development, was founded in 1977 with the management of our first facility, the...