Company Description: |
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Cornings history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers unique and changing needs with original solutions for todays emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the worlds most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
Scope of Position:
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- This Position is a Hybrid of Sales Representative and Stocking Center Associate
Travel Requirements: 25-30%
- Meet or exceed sales budget for the territory
- Build strong relationships with customers and distributors
- Work as a team with other account managers
- Coordinate the inventory ordering at accounts with Supply Centers
- Keep Supply Centers organized; unpack and replenish stock on a weekly basis
- Identify and implement new locations for Supply Centers at Academic Accounts in District
- Implement aggressive growth driven programs with distribution
- Build relationships with all internal functional groups
- Create, implement and maintain a sales plan that meets or exceeds performance requirements
- Know your products and channel/market/customer dynamics/drivers
- Manage all facets of responsibilities within the framework of Cornings values
- Territory Geography: San Francisco- Bay Area to Reno Nevada
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 4-year Bachelors degree required
- Life Sciences major preferred
- Lab bench work, inside sales/outside sales, customer service, warehouse
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer/data analysis skills (Excel, Outlook E-Mail, Word, Power Point).
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Business skills – financial analysis (sales analysis, trend reporting, usage reporting, pricing analysis).
- Organization skills – planning/time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to use and navigate the Corning Life Sciences Customer Relationship Management database.
- Creative promotional and account management approaches.
- Life Science background.
- Inventory Management/Supply Chain knowledge
- Able to lift boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to perform with minimal direct supervisory intervention.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Team Player
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...