Looking for an experienced Unix and/or Red Hat Linux administrator with at least 5 years plus of experience in Unix/Linux system administration. The candidate must have some basic knowledge of Windows System Administration as well. This is a full-time temp-to-perm opportunity. Where for the first six months the candidate will be working as an independent contractor @$45/hour. After the first six months period, the candidate could have the opportunity to become a W-2 full time employee with our client. This position requires a minimum Gov't background check upon hire; the candidate must be a US citizen or an active green-card holder, with decent credit history and with clean record.
Please apply with your resume in the following format:
2) Summary of tools, network, software and hardware experience.
Work history in chronological order:
3) Company Name, Location (city, state), Position Title, start-date to End date, related tasks performed at this specific job. Please highlight your UNIX and Linux administration related duties for each task:
Example: *Please not the below is an example resume format...
IT Everywhere Company January 2010 -- Present
UNIX System Administrator
- Manage 250 UNIX and Linux Servers
- Perform Patch Updates, Backups, Imaging, etc.
- Manage User Accounts, Groups and LDAP
- Linux and UNIX infrastructure design and management.
- Perform advanced provisioning and automation.
- Perform advanced virtual host solutions.
IT Global Company February 2008 -- December 2009
Little Rock, AR
Linux System Administrator -
2000+ Red Hat, Suse, Fedora, AIX and Solaris servers.
- Security strategy, hardening and remediation.
- Worked with: RHEL, RPM, RHEV, KVM, Kickstart, Kerberos
- Worked With: Cisco UCS, TSM, Subversion (SVN), NFS, Samba, Red Hat Satellite, RHEL, iSCSI, multipathd, Solaris 10, AIX, SLES, RHEV, Make, Heartbeat 2, LVM, LDAP, Infoprint, E-DMZ, Iozone, Iperf.
- Configured Windows 2003 Server in a lab environment
- Led and trained a team of SAs
The job pays every two weeks and the rate $45.00/hour is firm. At the minimum 40 hours a week.
Thank you for applying