The primary responsibility of this role is to engage senior executives at small and medium-sized manufacturing companies both to ensure service delivery and to conduct membership renewal interactions. Account Directors conduct consistent and meaningful phone and web-based interactions with association members and are evaluated against renewal rates, dues base growth and service metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Through heavy outbound telephone and electronic communication efforts, the Account Director's primary goal is to create and deliver value for member organizations.
• Typical day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Building relationships with members / prospects through understanding specific member needs and applying knowledge of association services.
• Utilize warm- and cold-call techniques to drive a high volume of structured, phone-based member interactions.
• Educate members / prospects on the benefits of association membership through compelling articulation of the membership model and value proposition.
• Create semi-custom service plans for members, based on their individual needs and deadlines.
• Collaborate with policy team and other association staff to ensure targeted and substantive delivery of membership services.
• Work with member company executives to maintain engagement and activity levels to drive membership renewals.
• Maintain a current view into membership pool and renewal pipeline, including scheduled interactions and recommendations for service steps.
• Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in the sales cycle, including special offers, engagements, meetings / teleconferences or discounts.
• Documenting progress, opportunities and contacts by capturing the information from NAMIS.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or relevant field with 3-5 years of experience in inside sales and/or account management. A background or strong interest in politics and business policy issues is highly desirable. Must be able to meet personal and team weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals. Prior political fundraising experience is preferred. Excellent relationship-building skills and transactional sales experience. Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential.