The American Cancer Society, Midwest Division is looking for an energetic, motivated person with sales related experience to assist us in the fight against cancer!
This rewarding role will be a limited term position responsible for developing relationships with principals and teachers in assigned territory to start and grow three American Cancer Society initiatives: Relay Recess, Relay Field Day, and High School Relay For Life events. This person is responsible for serving as the ACS liaison to the youth community through building and maintaining effective relationships with elementary, middle schools, and high schools. Actively recruit, train, and support volunteers to carry out new initiatives/fundraising events tailored for schools. Develop, manage and leverage key youth community relationships toward achievement of ACS nationwide priorities and fundraising outcomes.
Candidates must have:
This a limited term position running from August 13, 2012 through June 28, 2013. Position is eligible for benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience in sales and client presentations.
- Proven relationship building, persuasion, and influence skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Organization skills and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in working with youth and school systems preferred.
- Computer competency, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, database management, and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to travel extensively within assigned territory.
American Cancer Society - 11 months ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major healt...