The Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation's mission is to serve Westchester as a dance resource- promoting the awareness of dance, and enriching the dance environment for students, professionals and broad and diverse populations; including outreach programs to those traditionally underserved or with special needs. It was established in 1937 by dance educator and pioneer, Steffi Nossen. The Foundation is the parent organization of the award winning Steffi Nossen School of Dance, which offers a wide variety of dance programs for pre-schoolers through pre-professionals across the county.
The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of the Steffi Nossen Dance Foundation and The Steffi Nossen School of Dance. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The Executive Director will:
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission and towards which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organization, financial, fundraising and outreach plans; and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Oversee all programs, services and activities; ensure that all program objectives are met.
- Prepare budget annually with appropriate staff and Board Committees; submit to Board for approval.
- Manage an effective office, including staff recruitment and hiring.
- Facilitate strategic planning process with appropriate staff and Board involvement.
- Maintain an informative and positive relationship with the student and parent body of the school.
- Supervise the overall operation of Steffi Nossen School of Dance, Master Classes, Summer Intensive programs and associated programs/performances in conjunction with the artistic and program staff.
- Ensure programming and execution of the classes, Annual Choreography Showcase, Annual Children's Shows, Community Concerts and Annual Benefit Concert.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key individuals in local government, the business sector, arts education advocacy groups and other not-for-profit agencies.
- Plan and execute the marketing and public relations of Steffi Nossen programs.
Board Support and Leadership
- Create business development plan.
- Develop and achieve annual fundraising goals approved by the Board.
- Provide leadership for and actively participate in school enrollment growth, fundraising activities, donor/sponsor development, grant seeking and grant reporting.
- Research potential new sources of funds for existing and new programs.
- Provide the Chair and Board members with necessary information to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Develop, with the Board Chair, meeting agendas, and annual planning sessions.
- Provide all Board members with materials in advance of regular meetings, including up-to-date and complete financial reports.
- Bring all appropriate issues and policy decisions to the Board in a timely manner so that they are addressed and resolved promptly.
- Implement Board approved strategic plan and policies.
- Assist Chair and Nominating Committee to integrate new members and provide for ongoing leadership development.
- Provide all Board committees with staff support.
- Maintain good files of Board and committee meeting minutes.
- Help maintain Board interest and enthusiasm.
- With the participation of the Artistic Director, keep the Chair and Executive Committee aware of currently operating and planned artistic programs.
Compensation Commensurate with Experience
- Bachelor of Arts (Masters preferred).
- Minimum 5 years successful, professional experience in management, including supervising paid staff and volunteers (preferably in the not-for-profit sector).
- Demonstrated success in fundraising/revenue generation.
- Working knowledge of not-for-profit fiscal management, including fund accounting and budgeting.
- Proven experience in personnel and financial management, fundraising operations, and public relations and marketing management.
- Experience working with a board of directors and proven board development experience.
- Understanding and leveraging of digital business technology, including social media and web.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong public speaking.
- Effective leadership, collaboration and organizational skills.
- A successful track record in creating positive workplace environments.
- Passion for the arts (dance in particular) a plus.
Please submit cover letter,resume and salary history to: