Posting Job Title: Advanced Product Support Agent
Requisition #: 144194BR
Posting Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Area of Interest: Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable Commercial Services Department currently seeks a Commercial Support Engineer located in Charlotte, NC. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to provide advanced technical support by telephone for high-end customer networks, such as Metro-Ethernet (fiber), Cell Tower Back Haul, and switched MDU/MTU (hospitality). This position will also be responsible for working with both a Regional and Global NOC for real time proactive network alerts and customer notifications and will also participate in an on-call rotation.
Essential Job Functions:
. Assist customer's IT staff to ensure that performance expectations and needs are met.
improve the customer support experience.
- Provide support-related feedback to management and offer recommendations on tools or processes that may
and large scale wireless environments as well as mixed Metro-E and RF implementations.
- Support custom Metro Ethernet Dedicated Access, Cell Tower Back Haul, switched based MDU environments,
for enterprise commercial accounts.
- Work with RNOC (Regional Network Operations Center) to provide proactive/real-time down notification alerts
maximum uptime of TWC data services.
- Provide technical expertise to both customers and Operations Staff to ensure optimal performance and
with a working knowledge of SONET, MPLS and VOIP
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN applications, protocols, and hardware required including Cisco IOS, RIP, EIGRP,
- Working knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure, and equipment, including PBX, as well as T1, T3, DS carriers and Optical carriers.
- *Shift will range 8 AM - 9 PM Mon - Fri
- Working knowledge of DNS, Email hosting and client / server configurations, Web hosting
- Working Knowledge of network security protocols, firewalls, and VPN configuration and troubleshooting
Must be able to follow issues through to resolution in a timely and efficient manner while providing superior
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint required.
customer service to high dollar customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast paced Operations environment and handle multiple tasks
knowledge of Time Warner Cable Digital Phone product (1year is preferred).
- Working knowledge of standard network protocols like SMTP, POP, SNMP, telnet, SSH, FTP, TFTP, DHCP Working
or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Expert knowledge of Windows platforms with a working knowledge of both UNIX and LINUX platforms.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
customers,and the general public.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients,
extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
- All other Duties As Assigned
Education and Experience:
. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience preferred.
Legal/Financial Responsibilities: Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times .
- B.S/B.A., Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- 2-5 years of LAN/WAN support troubleshooting experience with enterprise level customers and associated networks required.
- CCNA certification required or equivalent work experience.
- 6 mos - 1 year experience in a technical field, preferably with responsibility for LAN/WAN configuration, support, and interoperability preferred.
- 6 mos - 1 yr previous experience communicating with corporate customers in technical support environment preferred
FCC Unit_TWC: 0589
Controlling Establishment ID: 00352 - Charlotte Ballantyne
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...