The Capital Project Manager defines the project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the business goals in collaboration with senior management. Subsequently the Capital Project Manager will monitor project progress (schedule and budget), oversee quality control and management of change processes, and deliver capital projects on time and within budget. The Capital Project Manager anticipates and mitigates risks, solves problems, seeks options to increase value, and coordinate the efforts of third party contractors and consultants to deliver the project management, procurement, fabrication, construction, mechanical completion, unit commissioning and start up, project controls (cost accounting, scheduling for the projects), and project closure documentation. This position provides assurance that Elevance strategy and business objectives are aligned and delivered through its capital investments.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Capital Project Leadership
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Achievement of project objectives which include functionality, cost and schedule for projects on average, from $75 million to $200 million.
- Maintain focus on safety in the development of project concept and during project execution
- Think strategically to mitigate risks, solve problems and increase value
- Developing execution and contracting strategies to effectively meet objectives
- Ensure Change Management process excellence affording cost and schedule control
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and technical standards
- Participates in the review of project scope to ensure completeness of the basic engineering and contributes the assessment of opportunities for added value through application of Value Improving Practices
- Set up and maintain schedules on large, complex projects and provides oversight and direction to EPC firms
- Delivers accurate schedules that are properly managed enabling contractor manpower levels are optimized and efficiently manages costs
- Update schedule and report progress during the project on a routine basis. Generate predefined look ahead schedules and ad hoc reports on an as needed basis. Track and report on critical path activities in order to help the project execution team to determine proper prioritization of work.
- Integrate project scope changes and/or discovery work into the schedule to help determine manpower and schedule duration impact.
- Coordinate all project activities between internal process design team, design houses, and contractors.
- Identify any problems with cost overruns or schedule delays to manager as early as
- Work closely with the finance team to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments and support for project financing efforts.
- Monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments stated in the authorization request.
- Provide support on the business strategic planning and annual plan in order to develop the appropriate capital plans/budgets.
- Develop thorough project execution plans which define scope, schedules, estimates, design deliverables, and procurement plans.
- An agent for change and thus willing to take strong and effective action to effectively manage capital investments.
- Committed to continuous improvement; recommends and develops innovative processes for project management.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ensure that engineering standards are followed on all projects with proper documentation for all phases of all projects
Candidates must have :
Strong candidates will also have :
- Bachelor degree in chemical or mechanical engineering
- Process Engineering and Project Management leadership experience
- A minimum of 10 years experience in Capital Project Management and 15 years in engineering roles
- Proven successful track record of executing large capital projects from 100 to 200 million USD
- In depth knowledge of project management processes and project execution best practices including utilization of stage gate process approaches.
- Sound knowledge of planning is also necessary; along with strong knowledge of construction and maintenance work execution for the different types of crafts
- A results oriented leader who can build strong working relationships and function effectively at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding technical, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work independently (remote from peers and support infrastructure)
- Strong analytical ability and perseverance to solve problems using sound judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Position requires all candidates to either possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- The successful candidate for this position must be a results oriented leader who can build strong working relationships and function effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated leadership skills; negotiations experience; the ability to effectively network, influence, form coalitions and work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Self reliant and motivated to achieve objectives within demanding time scales as well as possessing entrepreneurial, outgoing, and team focused personality
- Must be a team player and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Experience living and working globally
The job will be based in Woodridge, Illinois. This position will also require frequent travel to Elevance’s sites including the production facility in Indonesia, biodiesel manufacturing site in Natchez, Mississippi, offices of EPC contractors, and potential manufacturing sites worldwide. Therefore the employee will be required to travel by auto, plane or other similar mode of transportation.
Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -