Job Summary This position is for a coordinator to work on System initiatives in the Credit Risk Management (CRM) area.
The duties of this position will focus on developing, maintaining and delivering learning content appropriately managed under the System Subcommittee of Credit Risk Management (SCRM) umbrella. This encompasses three functions within CRM: Credit (including Collateral), Payment System Risk, and Condition Monitoring. Two major strategic initiatives are underway and will be managed concurrently.
One initiative in 2013 will focus on building an automation/technology training program. As part of this curriculum development, the position will gather information from Reserve Banks on currently available training and learner profiles in order to identify and deliver cost-effective CRM curriculum, work with the Center for Learning Innovation and/or SMEs to develop content, and oversee pilots of new learning initiatives.
The second initiative will address the need for advanced training in the SCRM community. Initially, outreach will be conducted to identify and refine the type of advanced learning that is required and the already-available expertise within the System. Based on the findings from the outreach, the most cost-effective training solutions will be identified and implemented.
This individual will also work on other System training objectives under the auspices of the Training Coordination Group including, but not limited to, working closely with the curriculum managers and subject matter experts in SuperVision Learning to identify and re-use common elements from the Examiner Commissioning Program Modernization efforts where content is relevant to the SCRM learning requirements. The CRM coordinator will also serve as lead instructor for appropriate CRM subject areas. The lead instructor is expected to have expertise within the subject area, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to assess learner performance and evaluate instructor effectiveness for all levels of staff and management from across the System.
As content matures and gaps are minimized, work will concentrate on developing a repeatable process to identify learning needs and gaps; improving content delivery; and maintaining a curriculum that meets the needs of a wide range of students. For most of 2013 and 2014, the initiative will focus on building a CRM Continued Professional Development program that provides options for a variety of specialties.
Finally, the person in this role will be expected to have or be able to acquire a working knowledge of Bank and System policies and procedures for all of the CRM functions (Credit, Collateral, Condition Monitoring, and PSR) and may participate in System or District projects established to study issues and formulate recommended changes in policy, procedures or standards or periodically serve as a backup to colleagues in CRM functions to support business needs and to keep skills fresh. Job Duties
- Provides project management and analytical support to the unit manager in their role as Chair of the SCRM Training Coordination Group (TCG), often handling multiple projects and priorities at one time.
- Provides leadership in Bank and System through role as subject matter expert providing high-level operational and technical expertise.
- Using Captivate and other learning technology, creates, just-in-time learning to provide job aids to System staff.
- Using Access, Excel and other automated tools, gathers, analyzes, and interprets complex data; formulates conclusions; and makes recommendations.
- Understands the structure of SCRM data, methods of identifying and ensuring data quality, and the use of data from other System and non-System sources.
- Interprets FR regulations, policies, and reporting requirements; identifies potential effects on unit and Division business practices; consults with System and Bank leadership, financial institutions on the appropriate interpretation.
- Independently seeks answers from available written sources and identifies appropriate staff resources for learning. Able to manage through complex issues. Discusses complex circumstances logically with senior staff or management.
- Participates in a leadership role on System and District projects established to study issues and formulate recommended changes in policy, procedures, or standards.
- Works with other members of the TCG and System subject matter experts to influence and persuade contributions to the CRM learning initiatives, without direct authority.
- Identifies, initiates, and documents work processes for System CRM learning initiatives and ensure that these align with Reserve Bank and System structures and procedures.
- Executes CRM System Learning strategies and objectives.
- Effectively coordinates and directs the activities of other professionals providing analytical support and subject matter expertise.
- Represents CRM System Learning projects and other System workgroups or projects in meetings with Reserve Bank and Board management.
- Independently completes unstructured ad hoc assignments of highest complexity and priority.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed; this description is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of the duties of this position.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in bank examinations, supervision of commercial banks, credit risk management, financial analysis or banking (Applicants without Master's degree must have a minimum of 8 years related experience.)
- 1 - 2 years of experience in developing curriculum or training materials for online delivery methods is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Federal Reserve System preferred
- Demonstrated skills and experience with querying data and evaluating the structure and use of data within a complex automated system.
- Demonstrated success in leading projects from start to completion.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill managing in a consensual decision-making environment.
- Evidence of implementing new approaches to improve existing methods and processes.
- Ability to embrace and master new knowledge and technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Proficiency with Captivate and other elearning development tools strongly preferred.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York works within the Federal Reserve System and with other public and private sector institutions to foster...