Requisition ID: 38913
Initially, this position will be located out of our Frederick, MD campus, and will be relocated with our other corporate functions and services to Reston, Virginia beginning second quarter.
- Organization: Svc - IS&T
- Location: Reston, VA
Bechtel is currently seeking a Linux/Windows Engineer to join the Global Systems Engineering team. The Global Systems Engineering team researches, assesses and designs new infrastructure products and technologies. Along with teammates, the Linux/Windows Engineer acts as third or fourth level technical support providing specialized assistance and planning guidance to other Bechtel organizations and Projects. Members work closely with peer organizations within other areas of Bechtel’s global IT group on the development and testing of infrastructure and workload management systems.
We are looking for someone with excellent time management and follow up skills with a strong sense of urgency while making sure all set targets are met. To complete projects and tasks, the Linux/Windows Engineer will utilize all appropriate methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards effectively.
- Receive system requirements from your customers and provide working solutions that integrate with existing administrative, monitoring and management processes.
- Provide highly automated processes for workload provisioning, configuration management and resource reclamation.
- Meet with technology vendors regularly to track trends and provide feedback that may benefit Bechtel.
- Must have a strong curiosity and passion about learning new technologies.
- 5 years of Server installation, Administration and performance optimization with RHEL/CentOS 5/6 Linux and Windows Server 2008 R2 in a Cisco Nexus/MDS environment.
- 5 years as a Linux/Windows administrator with 3 plus years as a Sr. Unix/Linux/Windows Engineer in production environments with an emphasis on remote management of systems.
For Admin Use Only: CB12
- Bachelors in Technology or Engineering strongly preferred.
- MCSE and RHCE certifications strongly preferred.
- Automated installation or provisioning and configuration of Linux and Windows using Razor, Chef, Puppet and/or similar tools
- Solid understanding of MSI, DEB and RPM package management.
- Ability to write, read, and debug scripts written in PowerShell, PERL, BASH and Python.
- Experience with a public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting Internet Information Server 6+, Apache/ngnix httpd, ssh/sshd, Kerberos, vSphere 5+, IPv4/IPv6, Fiber Channel/FCoE
- Mid to senior level programming/scripting in at least two languages (one any kind of shell; the other a higher-level language).
- IaaS engineering or support experience
- Server, network and storage performance tuning and optimization
- Cisco Nexus configuration automation. An understanding of Cisco ONE/SDN/OpenFlow/NetFlow preferred.
- Enterprise and Tier 1/2 storage array operational experience. Storage management automation preferred.
- HP Blade Servers, specifically the BL460c series of blades
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 17 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...