Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
The Americas Sales Organization relentlessly protects information of small, midsize, and enterprise customers by offering more than 200 solutions within its security, infrastructure operations, information risk & compliance, storage and business continuity software portfolios. These solutions are delivered to customers through multiple sales channels, including Direct B2B/Public Sector, Value-Added/Large Account Resellers and Global Strategic Partnerships. Setting us apart from our competitors is the devotion and time we take to understand our customers’ requirements better than everyone else. Driven by our core values in every interaction, we help our customers revolutionize their businesses, so that each and every employee feels proud to be a part of the winning team of Symantec.Responsibilities
- Symantec.cloud provides Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) security solutions for Email, Web and Instant Messaging for businesses.
- The Client Implementation Specialist will support our new enterprise customers through setup & roll-out of the Symantec.cloud services.
- You will assist new clients during their process of onboarding as the subject matter expert and trusted advisor.
- The Client Implementation Specialist plays an essential role in managing multiple client implementations, delivering client training on the product, providing guidance and best practice.
- You will also be working closely with Symantec sales, product management and tech support organizations to ensure client success.
- This is a key role and you will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction with Symantec.cloud SaaS solutions.
- Serve as the technical design, implementation and subject matter expert for the client during the service implementation period.
- Manage multiple implementations in parallel. Track progress, actions, and overcome obstacles. Monitor and resolve issues raised by client during the onboarding process to ensure efficient and effective resolution
- Provide input to Product Management regarding client and market needs, opportunities to improve existing services and new product innovations
- Assist customer with best practice advice and knowledge transfer
- Deliver training to customer on Symantec.cloud services
- Work closely with sales, tech support and product management teams
- Report weekly to management on activity
- Backup and support other CIS team membersQualifications
- Knowledge of network and internet security fundamentals
- Understanding of email infrastructure (SMTP, Exchange, Lotus Notes, Sendmail, Postfix, Google Apps, Office 365, etc…).
- Understanding of web protocols, web content filtering and proxy technology (Squid)
- Understanding of directory services (Active Directory, Lotus Domino, eDirectory, NTLM, LDAP), SSL Certificates AND TCP/IP Networking.
- Previous experience with the following products is preferred: Symantec Messaging or Web Gateway, Symantec.cloud hosted security services, Proofpoint, Postini, McAfee, Websense, Bluecoat, Cisco PostX, ZixCorp, Echoworx, SSL Certificate Authorities like: Entrust, Verisign, Godaddy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business and/or technology related field
- Minimum 3 years project management, technical support, presales or professional services experience
- Self-starter with ability to analyze and manage multiple implementations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to motivate and influence people
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in software as a service
- Must be flexible to support customers outside normal business hours.
- Flexibility for domestic travel when needed (no more than 1 trip per quarter)
Symantec - 7 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and consum...