Public Relations/Public Affairs: Corporate Communications
Manager, Stakeholder Communications - NASCAR (Charlotte, NC)
NASCAR is searching for talented professionals to join our Integrated Marketing Communication team in the position of Manager, Stakeholder Communications , to be based in Charlotte, N.C.
This position will be responsible for working collaboratively with peer professionals internally and externally to identify and then strategically mobilize NASCAR resources to support and enhance key promotional and communications initiatives of industry stakeholders, most notably race team and race track operators. In addition, this position will play a significant role in the development and execution of NASCAR-led industry initiatives, tools, platforms, and events that are central to communications success for the entire sport. Therefore, ideal candidates must be highly-organized, creative thinkers who are trustworthy, resourceful, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills will be a must. In addition, candidate must show aptitude in digital marketing and social media. Up to 40 percent travel may be required, including some race event weekends.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day communications with industry stakeholder peer professionals
- Network within stakeholder community and identify content and storyline opportunities to merchandise with media and across the industry
- Write and distribute press releases, messaging, action plans, presentations, industry communications and social media content
- Cultivate media relationships with key outlets and strategically place positive news stories with strong message pull-through
NASCAR offers an exciting fast-paced environment with competitive pay and outstanding benefits including 401(k) eligibility after 30 days.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university or college
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience that includes work in creative settings, media relations, event planning and promotion
- Current or prior sports, entertainment, or event experience working with organizing bodies, teams/athletes/entertainers, venues/promoters, and/or sponsors
- NASCAR or motorsports experience is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, plus digital and social media tools and applications
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered.