WIWU-TV Community Program Manager
The Community Program manager is responsible for identifying, developing and executing local programming for the television station and serving as a liaison between the station and various community organizations.
- Coordinate content production for WIWU programs with a community focus – in particular, news, talk, forums and concerts.
- Serve as principal producer for at least one community-interest program.
- Supervise student leaders and credit-non-credit students working on community programming.
- Represent the station in matters dealing with community leaders and organizations.
- Serve a principal role in identifying and developing station special community events such as forums, debates, elections and telethons.
Reports to: WIWU-TV Station Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication or related field
- Personal commitment to Christ and desire to work in a Christian university atmosphere serving both professional media and educational goals.
- Full-time experience in television or other media field. Experience in writing, producing and on-air presentation considered a plus.
- Technical competence with equipment used in small-market television production to include non-linear editing, multi-camera studio and field production, broadcast computer hardware/software.