Brown Advisory is an independent investment management and strategic advisory firm with approximately $33 billion in client assets, based in Baltimore, MD and Washington, D.C., and with offices in Wilmington, DE, Chapel Hill, NC, Boston, MA and London, UK. The Firm’s institutional and private clients are located in 49 states and 18 countries and are serviced by over 300 employees worldwide, all of whom are equity owners of the firm. Our ownership structure ensures that our interests remain aligned with those of our clients, and that employee turnover is minimal. Our clients are drawn to our firm for advice on a wide range of investment and strategic tax issues – for themselves, and importantly, the next generation. We help client’s access opportunities in public and private markets, in the U.S. and around the world, through the constant filter of risk and reward considerations. Our role is to grow our clients‘ capital while mitigating economic, governmental and financial risks, and helping them organize their affairs in a sensible manner. We focus on total account return—and our investment teams have generated solid performance.
Brown Advisory’s Private Client Service team is searching for career-minded and ambitious professionals with a strong passion for client service. The ideal candidate is hungry to pursue a career in the finance industry. Our team works in a dynamic, trust-based partnership with Portfolio Managers to serve a broad range of client needs. Candidates must possess the professional maturity to handle confidential and delicate client issues.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree (finance or paralegal related preferred) with a minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Experience with Trusts and Fiduciary accounts is a plus.
We are interested in candidates that have:
- Strong management skills and leadership experience
- Desire to learn and the ability to learn quickly
- Detail oriented
- Superior client service skills
- Illustrates tact, discretion, and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strives for innovation and process improvement
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities to meet client demands
- Self motivated with strong work ethic
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for all aspects of administration and client service for high net worth families
- Effective communication with both internal and external contacts including prospects and clients
- Organize and manage meetings from start to finish
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Account maintenance (opening new accounts, address changes, etc.)
- Understand basic fiduciary issues relevant to client relationships
- Proactive resolution of client inquiries – direct client contact
- Handling/supervision of cash processing for assigned accounts
- Collaborate with outside advisors concerning client’s personal tax information
- Prepare letters/spreadsheets
- Process customized client reporting
At Brown Advisory we offer a competitive compensation package, including full benefits.
Benefits for the Private Client Relationship Manager position include:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy Services
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Group Long Term Disability
- Travel Accident
- Medical Flex Spending (up to $2,000 annually)
- Dependent Care Flex Spending (up to $5,000 annually)
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) (50% employer match up to IRS limit, 4 year vesting)
Brown Advisory is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Brown Advisory - 18 months ago