It is the responsibility of the Slot Technician Trainees and Slot Technician I, II to complete shop repairs, rebuild slot games, and complete hands-on training of all gaming devices and related systems while providing excellent guest service . All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the MGM Grand Detroit Mission Statement.
1. Ensures compliance with the policies, philosophies, and regulations of MGM Grand Detroit and Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB).
2. Performs floor repair and preventative maintenance of all Slot machines including machine cleaning and overhauls.
3. Maintains the integrity of the slot machine equipment and secures all company assets and property at all times.
4. Analyzes manufacturer's design flaws and implements solutions; designs circuits in a similar manner.
5. Provides hands-on training on all gaming devices and related systems to all Slot Technicians.
6. Repairs and rebuilds all mechanical and electronic slot game components.
7. Ensures proper slot operation and maintenance on casino floor.
8. Works with Slot Technical and Slot Operational team members to ensure slot machines, change machines (TRU / JDU), and on-line system equipment are in proper working order and all customer needs are satisfied.
9. Advises and assists Slot Tech trainees and other Technicians.
10. Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
11. Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to MGM Grand Detroit and the downtown Detroit area providing excellent guest service.
12. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
13. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. 21 years of age or older.
2. Excellent guest service and hospitality skills.
3. Strong problem solving and listening skills.
4. Self-motivated with e xcellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
5. Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
6. Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds at a time.
7. Ability to push and pull heavy items and equipment.
8. Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, and squatting.
9. Ability to work in an environment where pipe, cigar, and cigarette smoking is permitted.
10. Ability to multi-task several activities and duties simultaneously.
11. Ability to function and act independently.
12. Ability to work well with people, in a team environment, and to communicate effectively both written & oral.
13. Ability to function in a fast paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
14. Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
15. Obtain/maintain Michigan Gaming Control Board Level 2 Occupational License.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Technician Trainee – Level I
High school diploma or GED
Mechanical aptitude and electronics experience preferred.
MGM Grand Casino Detroit - 10 months ago