POSITION: Consumer Outreach Audiologist (COA) - Work Territory will be Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana & Arkansas
REPORTS TO: Manager, Consumer Outreach Audiologist
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This primary function is to provide professional consumer outreach representation and customer training for marketing events throughout an assigned territory. The position also functions to provide audiological and technical support through hearing aid fitting assistance, product information and troubleshooting assistance.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (KEY RESULT AREAS)
- Deliver high quality and consistent customer training events
- Primary events include, but are not limited to, the following: Consumer Seminars, Open Houses, and CEU Seminars. Provide ongoing “in clinic” training sessions (training seminars/demo days) to convey product knowledge, update customers on new hearing aid technology and other related technological issues.
- Provide consultative resources which will help develop the business growth of a practice through educational seminars and patient open houses
- Maintain a schedule that maximizes effectiveness and cost efficiencies
- Interact with Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Product Development, Research and Development, to ensure quality training and customer satisfaction
- Ensure the audiology needs of our customers remain a primary focus by assisting in the assessment of needs and the creation of future training programs
- Participate in GN ReSound technical training programs and trade shows
- Follow the HR policy including all company and department policies and procedures.
- Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal and / or communicated by management.
- Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Follow good safety practices in all activities.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
- Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete position responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
- Safeguard sensitive and confidential Company information.
1. Education: Doctor of Audiology or PhD in Audiology or Master’s Degree in Audiology required
2. Leading through vision by keeping the organization’s vision at the forefront of associate decision-making and action.
1. Desire a minimum of 3 years of hearing aid dispensing.
2. Strongly prefer previous work experience within the hearing aid industry or similar industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Strong leadership and analytical skills
2. Strong interpersonal communication skills
3. Able to resolve problems and complex issues at higher levels
4. Excellent computer skills and proficiency using PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SFDC (CRM) and Excel
5. Ability to effectively prioritize and balance diverse work schedule and demonstrates ability to be highly organized and manage time effectively
6. Proficient with oral and written communication and with conducting presentations.
1. Ability to travel 50% - 75% of the time
2. Committed to a team approach to training and sales
GN ReSound - 12 months ago