Job Description: Raytheon is supporting a proprietary customer contract for delivering technical support to customer management and providing resources for the technical services required to enable customer mission accomplishment. In support of the customer's strategic direction, Raytheon is looking for individuals who can support the protection of the customer environment. An expert in systems administration is needed to support the customer team.
The System Administrator (SA) will work as part of an elite and agile team responsible for maintaining and improving system functionality through proactive interaction with the customer, comprehensive understanding of their primary systems, and knowledge of the operational mission. The successful candidate will provide technical and system administration support through troubleshooting, identifying and isolating issues, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing appropriate solutions to software anomalies as they occur. The SA will actively trouble shoot Operating System (OS) and operational software integration issues and make corrective recommendations. Likewise the candidate should be able to quickly respond to application related issues, resolve on the spot problems (where possible), replicate the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis, and prepare technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor.
This position can be a Salary Grade E03 or E04 based upon the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Responsibilities will include :
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of IT systems.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users
- Adheres to policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Supporting shift work
- Must have active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A grade/level E03 requires a minimum of 4+ years relevant experience
- A grade/level E04 requires a minimum of 6+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in systems administration and support.
- Demonstrated experience with LINUX and/or Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software.
- Requires professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Must be able to manage the functionality and efficiency of a virtual/physical desktop pool by proactively and reactively responding to centrally managed trouble and incident tickets
- Must be able to develop and maintains system/security documentation
- Demonstrated ability to interact with users in to support software and hardware transitions to include software installs hardware/software troubleshooting
- Must be able to maintain knowledge of current information design to connect, configure, and/or enable information systems, devices, or components as assigned
- Have the ability to assist team members by providing input, either written or verbal, to program deliverables including, but not limited to trade studies, white-papers, vendor presentations, and hardware and software requirements to support internal customers and "other" services.
- Be able to provides support for maintenance and change requests of all "user facing" devices and systems.
- 6+ years of experience for the E03 Level
- 8+ years of experience for the E04 Level
- Experience supporting Intelligence, DoD, or DHS Customers
- Experience with process development and deployment
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Equivalent experience may be used in lieu of degree.
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I
Some positions on this contract may be offered through Team Raytheon companies
Raytheon - 4 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...