About Us: |
Sleepy Giant is a leading co-publisher and service provider across all digital platforms. We partner with forward-thinking IP owners to launch, operate, and grow entertainment publishing platforms. Some of our partners we work with include Activision, Disney, Sea World, and Ubisoft. Sleepy Giant is an independent, privately owned company, based in Newport Beach, CA, with offices in Culver City and Chicago.
If you ’re a smart, talented individual looking for a fun, fast-paced, and stimulating work environment, where your contributions can (and will) make a difference, then Sleepy Giant is the place for you.
What it°s all about:
Working with our infrastrtucture team as a Systems Engineer, you will be setting up entire systems for online video delivery such as mobile, web-based and other games. In this role, you will be managing high-traffic websites and large-population multiplayer online games and help shape the service experience for all players. You will also monitor application, systems, and network performance through the use of various network management tools and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues
You Can Look Forward To:
- Work in diverse hosting environments including Rackspace, AWS, Joyent and physical.
- Knowledge with: Linux (CentOS, Debian), Windows Server 2003 and 2008 understanding of file system layout differences and installation tools used
- Amazon AWS EC2, Elastic IPs, S3, CDN
- Architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, database scaling/sharding, and data transformation.
- Be able to troubleshoot any issues related to technical portion of game delivery.
- Perform application deployments and maintenances that can occur off hour
- Understanding of VPN and various firewalls including iptables
- Network backup and recovery techniques.
- Network monitoring tools such as Nagios, MRTG or other SNMP tools.
- Able to quickly perform problem isolation in an online production environment.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills.
- B.A/B.S. -preferably Computer Science or Engineering degrees
What you ’ll get out of it:
- Our team is talented and small.
- Your contribution will matter, your work will be interesting, and you will constantly learn.
- Growth opportunities: The company is growing quickly, and as we grow, there are many advancement opportunities for management, software architecture, etc.
- Solid perks. We are committed to our team°s high quality of life:
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation days
- Volunteer time off program
- Fully stocked pantry
- Regular company social eventsâ
- Fast-paced, stimulating work environment
- Trail-blazing opportunities
- Continuous self-improvement
- Expert knowledge
- Weekly happy hours
Sleepy Giant - 17 months ago