Moonlighting opportunity for Maine-licensed Physician Assistants.
The Riverview Psychiatric Center is a 100-bed psychiatric hospital which is operated by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services. The hospital is a center for best practice, treatment, education and research, for individuals who have serious and persistent mental and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
The Riverview Psychiatric Center is located in Maine’s State Capital City, Augusta – about an hour drive north of Portland.
After-hours clinical services at the Riverview Psychiatric Center are administered by Liberty Healthcare. This includes the presence of a Maine-licensed Physician Assistant onsite at the hospital during weekday evening hours and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Liberty Healthcare seeks to hire a few new Physician Assistants to work PRN and join our existing group. New hires will have an opportunity to choose from available weekday evening and weekend shifts in 2013.
As a member of Liberty Healthcare’s group you can expect:
- Remaining on-grounds at hospital for duration of shift
- Rounding on hospital units – seeing patients and consulting with unit staff
- Primarily providing primary care and very limited psychiatric care to patients
- Admitting new patients to the hospital – including conducting medical histories and physicals as well as basic mental status examinations
- As necessary, conferring with on-call Psychiatrist and referring to the local ER
$643.25 per 15.5-hour weekday evening shift
- $41.50 per hour – which equates to:
$996.00 per 24-hour Saturday or Sunday shift
Complimentary on-site accommodations provided at hospital
- Professional liability insurance
A Maine Physician Assistant license, DEA and practice experience in a primary care, urgent care or emergency room setting is required.
Liberty Healthcare - 12 months ago
Liberty Healthcare is focused on freeing up overworked doctors and nurses. The company is a contract medical management organization that...