ATK Aerospace leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, strategic defense, lightweight space deployables, solar arrays and satellite thermal management systems, and in developing revolutionary new technologies for small and micro satellites. ATK products provide government and commercial customers with innovative solutions from the ground up. If you are interested in joining an organization where you will be given the opportunity to make a difference in an exciting industry, you’ve come to the right place. At ATK, you’ll be part of an expanding business that is recognized as an industry leader. We value team work, innovative thinking, diversity and the drive to be the best at what we do.
ATK Aerospace Group currently has an internship opportunity for a Structural Analyst
Specific roles and responsibilities will include:
- Assess the structural integrity of rocket propulsion systems and related components using traditional closed form solutions as well as finite element techniques.
- Plan and oversee material characterization tests of various materials used in the design of rockets.
- Reduce material characterization test data into analysis input properties and material capability properties.
- Prepare reports and memos documenting structural assessment activities and results.
- Prepare and make presentations summarizing structural assessment results for internal review boards and external customers.
- Assist in assessment and disposition of discrepant hardware and hardware anomalies
- Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Quality, Safety, Thermal, Materials, Operations) to create and verify creative design solutions that meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
- Student currently working on their MS or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering with emphasis in structural analysis, solid mechanics, and finite element theory required.
- Research/course work in visco-elasticity a plus
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Engineering and Sciences
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Intern, Engineer, Research, Civil Engineer, Entry Level, Engineering
ATK - 10 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...