Under the direction of the head coach, the assistant coach will assist in all phases of a NCAA Division I volleyball program, including on/off-campus recruiting, assisting with practice and conditioning activities, skill development, scheduling of opponents, film breakdown, film exchange, academic monitoring of student-athletes, public relations, adherence to rules compliance, participation in clinics and summer camps and professional expectations.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong background in volleyball skill analysis and techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
• Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
• Experience in motivating players to achieve maximum levels of performance.
• Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues and the public.
• Evidence of strong organizational skills.
• Evidence of strong work ethic.
• Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated professional behavior.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully train athletes’ individual skill development.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and train setters.
• Evidence of successful participation as an athlete at a highly competitive level.
• Evidence of successful experience in coaching and recruiting volleyball at a competitive intercollegiate level.
• Experience in conducting camps, clinics and tournaments.
Open Until Filled:
Internal/External Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To ensure full consideration, electronic submission of a cover letter, a detailed resume, an unofficial transcript, and complete contact information for three professional references must be received.
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
This position is exempt from North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
Bentson Bunker Fieldhouse
North Dakota State University - 15 months ago