The Global Private Brands team is looking for a strategic, analytical, and innovative manger to manage the Business Analytics and In Stock Management functions for the Global Private brands business. Private brands are a fast-growing category focused on delivering a rich assortment of product offerings of high quality and value to the Amazon customer. Joining Amazon's Private Label team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group of talented people who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment.
The manager will be responsible for financial inventory planning and purchasing, reducing operational defects, optimizing inventory health, and improving supply chain efficiency to ensure a world-class customer experience. In addition, this role will drive system and process improvements with engineering teams across Amazon to create scalable methods of forecasting, procurement, and order management. Additionally, this leader will develop analytical frameworks to support leading Private Brands into new categories and segments worldwide. The Senior Manager will also have responsibility for defining the equity of our brands and the categories and items which will be housed within those brands. This position reports into the Director & General Manager, Private Brands.
The successful candidate will have hands-on, operations or inventory management experience, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent business judgment. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years supply chain, inventory management and/or project management experience
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques; excel skills are required.
- Proven track record of managing and executing entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Graduate degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline preferred
- SQL programming ability and experience with data warehouse systems
- Experience working with tools and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of outdoor furniture and/or home textile products
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
Amazon.com - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...