Terremark, a Verizon Company, is a leader in transforming and securing enterprise-class IT on a global scale. A subsidiary of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ:VZ), Terremark sets the standard for IT deployments with advanced infrastructure and managed service offerings that deliver the scale, security, and reliability necessary to meet the demanding requirements of enterprises and governments around the world. With a global network of data centers and a comprehensive portfolio of secure solutions, Terremark is helping enterprise and government executives realize the power and promise of the cloud today. For more information, visit www.terremark.com .
Serve as the technical design and architectural expert across Terremark’s IT solutions portfolio. This role encompasses the continuum of participating in setting specific customer strategies and executing the defined strategies within a sales environment. Qualified candidates will possess multiple years of experience in the computing/information technology industry in a sales-oriented, technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on data center technologies and architectures including cloud, server, storage, applications and security.
Qualifications: Required Qualifications/Skills:
- Focus on solution development and architectural design for assigned customer base with specific emphasis on Terremark’s global managed cloud, data center, and professional services portfolio
- Requires working and functional knowledge of desktop and server systems, storage area networks, backup and restore environments, business continuity, and security best practices
- Advanced understanding of cloud computing (public, private and hybrid), managed hosting, data center collocation, mainframe technologies, IT service desk, and various enterprise applications (J2EE, Java, and .Net)
- Achieve mastery (Technical, Product, Competitive, Industry knowledge, Sales Acumen and Presentation Skills) of Terremark’s IT Solutions offerings
- Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Serve as a deal architect for multi-faceted, multi-technology solutions
- Partner with other Terremark subject matter experts to build the customer solution
- Possess strong presentation skills, with the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations with customers and tailor content to audience as appropriate
- Author and deliver architectural designs, statements of work and technical project plans incorporating service and program management activities
- An understanding of pricing structures and associated elements including Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- As a Subject Matter Expert in a given technology, should be able to address customer opportunities demonstrating domain expertise
- Possess a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with Terremark versus its competitors.
- Be willing to travel 20-30%.
o Server Infrastructure: HP, Cisco Unified Computing Platforms, Dell, IBM server infrastructure (computing, memory and disk space)
- BS or BA in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years in customer facing positions (sales, sales engineering, consulting) or 5+ years architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT and or application based solutions and services with verifiable instances of architecting at the Bill of Materials (BOM) level one or more of the following:
o Storage Area Networking (SAN) infrastructure: NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, Fujitsu, Brocade, etc
o Other Data Center Infrastructure: Cisco Nexxus, Juniper high-end data center LAN switches, Cisco/F5 load balancers, Power and cooling and Security infrastructure
o Data Center software platforms: VMWare (virtualization), Citrix (virtual desktop infrastructure), Microsoft Server, Unix, Linux
o eCommerce platforms: ATG or IBM
o Managed Messaging platforms: Microsoft Exchange, OCS/Lync, IBM Lotus Notes, Domino, Sometime, RIM BES, etc.
o ERP platforms: SAP, J.D. Edwards, etc.
o CRM platforms: PeopleSoft, Salesforce.com, Oracle, etc.
o Database platforms: Oracle, Microsoft, etc.
o Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service models, etc.
o Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery concepts and replication technologies.
o Vendors such as Microsoft, EMC, VMware, IBM, NetApp, Cisco etc.
- Strong knowledge of network, communications and mobility protocols
- Working knowledge of switching, routing, server, video, UC&C and mobility equipment
- Current industry certifications are desirable Some examples are:
- Demonstrated and verifiable track record of prior successful customer engagements. Examples of network designs, statements of work and/or technical project plans are required
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present both technical and non-technical information to broad audiences
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment and explain complex system solutions customers. Effective written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starter. The successful candidate will support a staff of company’s sales professionals by providing customer needs analysis, engineering and design of technical solutions, pricing and proposal assistance, technical presentations, technical consultation to internal and external customers, and to assist as the technical closer on sales
Desired Skills and Experience:
Every day we strive for success. It’s our nature. At Verizon, this strategy drives both our company and the individual careers of our people. Right now, you can experience success with a global communications leader. And discover how we never stop until we succeed.
- Experience in technical sales or service to Fortune 1000 companies
- Successful project delivery in a Fortune 1000 company
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience; 5+ years telecommunications, IT industry or systems integration experience.
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 10 months ago
Verizon Business, a unit of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ), is a global leader in communications and IT solutions. We combine professiona...