The Games User Research team is looking to hire a summer intern that will be responsible for assisting the team in research activities on social and mobile games for Disney Interactive. We are looking for a candidate who is extremely passionate about research, data analysis and gaming. The ideal candidate will be able to moderate a session (speak to a group of strangers and make them feel comfortable!) as well as organized. If you are interested in joining our team in Palo Alto, apply today!
* Recruiting usability participants using internal database
* Screening for usability tests by interviewing participants over the phone.
* Continuously building out participant database by finding new and innovative ways to recruit
* Hosting the observation room during usability tests for key stakeholders to assure everything is running smoothly.
* Assisting in maintaining and organizing reports website and hard drives
* Observe, note take and train for future responsibilities managing user testing for multiple games, including formation and management of test plans over product lifecycle
* Strong communications and organizational skills.
* Communicates progress and challenges in a timely manner.
* Desire to learn and refine evaluation skills.
* Takes pride in quality of work.
* Patience to navigate buggy software.
* Troubleshoot multiple hardware & software platforms (PC, iOS, Wii, DS, Xbox, PlayStation, etc.).
* Flexible with schedule as most playtests occur on weekdays between 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
* A team player that takes ownership and requires minimal supervision.
* 3.0 GPA or better.
Job Posting Industries
Digital / Interactive
* Fully qualified candidates must be available to work full time hours for 3 months beginning in May/June 2013
* Candidates must be able to provide their own housing and transportation in the Palo Alto (San Francisco) area.
This position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe.
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank.
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 15 months ago