As part of the operations team, the Receiving Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the receiving area. Responsibilities include staffing, training, scheduling, receiving, shipping, processing, equipment maintenance and loss prevention.
Focus of position:
Positively demonstrate the company’s Core Values by developing trust and respect among peers and management, working in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics, and driving business results by placing a high priority on detail and accuracy to successfully complete all tasks
Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
Skills and Competencies:
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of the most qualified applicants to meet the needs of the department
- Train, coach and manage all receiving associates in all policies and procedures of the company
- Work with your Regional Operations Manager to create the most efficient floor plan
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt and distribution of all incoming and outgoing deliveries according to Company standards
- Ensure that all shipping and receiving functions that affect the store inventory are processed accurately by verifying purchase orders and ticketing, and auditing the validation and verification reports
- Ensure the accurate processing of all debits/damages, chargebacks, transfers and damages based on Company policies and procedures
- Oversee compliance of receiving practices with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, security, and record-keeping procedures
- Maintain an orderly and neat stock and receiving area as well as the general maintenance of the store
- Communicate with central distribution and/or the corporate inventory control department
- Help solve problems and make informed decisions that affect the service, and productivity of the receiving area
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to develop and train work force, build relationships, utilize skills of workforce most appropriately
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to manage receiving operations effectively
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to work force
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, listen attentively to others and provide instructions to all associates
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle merchandise, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
Direct Supervisor Job Requirements - Internal Use Only -
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Coat Factory - 16 months ago
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.