QuarterLine provides professional health care staffing services to military hospitals and health clinics across the United States. We are currently seeking a full-time Dental Assistant at Andersen Air Force Base in Yigo, Guam.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
The Dental Assistant will generally work between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Assists dental officer with patient treatment. Receives patient, examines dental record, and prepares patient for treatment. Adjusts dental chair, and selects and arranges instruments and medications. Takes and records blood pressure. Assists in managing emergency procedures.
- Retracts tissues and maintains clear operating field.
- Prepares syringe for injection of anesthetics. Prepares materials for making impressions and restoring defective teeth.
- Records entries in individual dental records indicating oral cavity condition and treatment accomplished.
- Performs dental health duties. Assists in planning, developing, and conducting comprehensive dental health programs.
- Exposes and processes dental radiographs. Places patient in proper position for extraoral radiographs and processes digital images. Practices and enforces accepted radiation safety standards.
- Engages in general dental duties. Follows infection control procedures and guidelines. Cleans, sterilizes, and sharpens dental instruments. Tests sterilizing equipment. Cleans, lubricates, and makes minor adjustments to dental equipment. Performs daily inspection and user maintenance of dental equipment. Practices and enforces accepted safety standards.
- Performs dental administrative and materiel duties. Maintains dental health records, filing systems, and publications. Reviews correspondence, reports, and records for accuracy. Performs dental materiel functions related to procurement, custodial responsibilities, maintaining and disposing of dental supplies and equipment.
- Reports deficiencies and outstanding accomplishments to Chief Dental Services. Consults and coordinates with Chief Dental Services for improving administrative and paraprofessional procedures. Institutes corrective action to ensure adequacy and compliance.
Education. Completion of high school or GED is required.
Certification. Possesses a Dental Assistant certification recognized by the U.S. Department of Education accreditation programs in dental assisting.
Experience. 6 months experience as a dental assistant, or military dental assistant training, vocational-technical training, or American Red Cross Dental Assistant training with at least 6 months practical experience as a dental assistant. Experience in functions such as taking dental radiographs, maintaining dental equipment, and assisting dentist in patient treatment is mandatory.
Must possess knowledge in the following:
- Knowledge is mandatory of: oral and dental anatomy; fundamentals of physiology; dental therapeutics; sterile techniques; emergency dental care; oral hygiene; dental materials; instruments; dental treatment room procedures; medicines; systemic diseases; dental radiography techniques and procedures; dental health programs; infection control procedures; equipment maintenance requirements; and physical properties of dental materials.
QuarterLine - 9 months ago
QuarterLine provides EHR training to support the mission of the Military Health System, and facilitate enhanced user adoption of clinical...