Job Title: Sr. Quality Assurance / Test Automation Engineer
Job Category: Quality Assurance
City: Mountain View
Country: United States of America
Primary Responsibilities: Intuit is a leading software provider of financial software for individuals, businesses, and financial professionals. You may have even used one of our premier brands like Mint.com, Quicken, or TurboTax.
We’re looking for a Sr. Quality Engineer to join the Mint.com team. To date, Mint.com has been named a Times Top 50 Website, one of the Top 10 iPhone apps of 2009, won 4 Webby Awards, and received the best Personal Finance Tool from Money, Kiplingers, PC World and PC Magazine. If you want to be a leader within a team, work on a product with nearly 2 million users, and help build an international brand going forward, we’re interested.
The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer will provide hands-on tactical testing, planning, and test automation as part the team responsible for the quality assurance of Mint.Com. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic and dedicated team that values the role QA plays in ensuring the success of the company.
The right candidate will:
- Understand the product life-cycle for an online services company.
- Have experience testing n-tier online services and/or applications using:
- Black-Box / Glass Box methodologies
- White Box methodologies
- Load & stress / scalability analysis
Qualifications: * 5+ Years software QA experience
- Lead the execution and coordination of day to day, and scheduled tasks of internal and external team members.
- Perform test coverage and gap analysis of test plans and schedules and use this information to prioritize testing.
- Create test plans based on input from various sources including direct inspection of prototypes.
- Attend PRD and Product Design meetings and assess testability and suitability of requirements against existing product paradigms and user expectations.
- Work with development to triage existing bugs and ensure that bugs, enhancements, and change requests follow the established lifecycle.
- Manage lifecycle exceptions to minimize risk and address company needs.
Technologies we use (the more of these you know, the better):
- Must have Experience with Java Programming / Java test automation
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Experience writing test plans, detailed test cases, and other formal test documentation
- Experience testing mobile smart-phone applications.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal communication and coaching skills.
- Experience with commercial and open source test automation technologies such as Selenium, Load Runner, QuickTest Professional, and Virtual Lab Manager.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze application issues to root cause where possible.
- B.S./M.S. Degree in applicable field, preferably Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent experience in applicable fields.
- Java, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, MySQL, Linux, COCO
- IntelliJ IDEA, SVN, JIRA, Ant, TeamCity
VentureLoop - 4 years ago