The E.W. Scripps Company’s television division is seeking a National Investigative MMJ to work out of the Washington, DC-based Scripps Howard News Service. The MMJ will c ollect and analyze complex information of newsworthy events relying on critical relationships with local news makers. This position will be relied upon primarily for lead stories and/or specialized segments.
Key Activities :
primary processes you cond
• Develop, create and research news leads and news tips to develop story ideas with national scope and depth .
• Uncover stories through investigation and research.
• Use computer database to research statistics and facts.
• Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
• Must be able to drive company vehicle for business purposes.
• Some travel will be required.
BS/BA in related discipline
Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas
E. W. Scripps Company - 20 months ago