A Senior Energy Economist is required to function as a core member of our International team. The post holder will be required to supervise and develop field economic models. The Senior Economist will be involved in the preparation of new models, building our fiscal expertise and assessing new techniques for economic comparison.
- Act as subject matter expert on fiscal regimes and economics analysis of producing and yet to be developed fields.
- Act as a go-to person on International fiscal analysis, by providing thought-provoking, qualitative and quantitative original research to provide deliverables in the form of analytical models, written reports and client facing events.
- Ensure timely and accurate flow of outlooks across the research organization.
- Ensure that the breadth and coverage of IHS fiscal models covers all types and locations of properties and provide guidance on additional techniques.
- Provide advice on functionalities that should be extended to provide high quality fiscal analysis of international assets. Work with Fiscal group to develop new models as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or industry-related fields required; graduate degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years directly working on well construction or service industry tracking and analysis by asset for oil company or consulting organization.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
This role will be located in London or Houston.
- Requires strong analytical skills
- Requires highly effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective/productive communications with key people including senior level clients
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization, and relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally.
- Must be highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills
- Demonstrated skills and competencies to manage 1 to 3 junior to mid-level colleagues, lending to activities including hiring, performance management, discipline, coaching/mentoring, training/development.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers and be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
- This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use.
- This position may be required to travel up to 20%; for events, round tables and client visits and other business related needs.
US-Texas-Houston - Westheimer
IHS - 2 years ago