Under the direction of plant supervision, the Mill Operator safely operates a production line to cold roll steel bar, rod or wire to various shapes and sizes, producing the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, meeting departmental performance standards, customer specifications and delivery requirements, and in accordance with company policies and procedures. This position works a 12-hour shift from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM on a 3-2-2-3 schedule. This gives you a 3-day weekend every other week.
- Four years of high school
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible related experience
- Or a combination of education and experience
- Read and interpret documents such as job cards, procedure manuals, and maintenance instructions
- Accurately and legibly complete production reports
- Communicate effectively in one‑on‑one and small group situations with other employees in the organization
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Compute rate, ratio and percent
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- The ability to operate various pieces of equipment, including welding equipment, forklift, hoists and riggings, hand and power tools
- A broad knowledge of mechanics, metal properties, welding, testing techniques, and line maintenance procedures and practices
For an opportunity to become part of our team, please submit your résumé along with a cover letter and salary requirements OR an employment application by any of the following methods.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . (Microsoft Word documents are preferred)
Attn: Human Resources
3700 W. Milwaukee Road
Milwaukee, WI 53208
Charter Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a privately owned holding company for a fully integrated family of American companies that has...