Vocollect, a business unit of Intermec, is the number one developer and manufacturer of voice solutions for mobile workers worldwide, helping customers achieve a higher level of business performance through voice. Every day, Vocollect and its partners enable over 400,000 workers worldwide to distribute more than $4 billion dollars' worth of goods
The Mechanical Engineering group collaborates closely with the Electrical and Software
Engineering groups, Product Management, and Operations to develop Talkman wearable
computer products, headsets, and accessories.
We are seeking an eager Mechanical Engineering student to be involved in product design/development, testing, and fixture design to ensure that the products we design and develop meet all performance requirements.
Exposure to a fast-paced (and fun) development environment and a wide variety of projects
will provide an avenue for student growth.
• Participate in the product design process - conceptualization, design, development,
• Design and build experimental test fixtures to evaluate performance of components
• Perform and document engineering tests, including the use of standard test methods.
• Conduct the methodical process of set-up, execution, data acquisition, data analysis
and documentation of engineering test protocols.
• Setup and calibrate equipment to test product, and conduct functional, operational,
environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
• Adjust, calibrate, align, and modify designs and record effects on unit performance.
• Present experimental results and findings to cross-functional groups.
• Actively enrolled in a Mechanical Engineering program from an accredited school
• Must have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 in the current school term
• Good computer skills are required with competency in word processing and spreadsheet
programs, (MS Office), for writing reports and summarizing data.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Results orientation
• Concern for quality
• Service orientation
• Integrity and truth
Intermec/Vocollect is an Equal Opportunity Employer