ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
Performs assigned duties, under the direction of experienced personnel, to gain knowledge and understanding required for promotion to management position. Receives training and performs duties in several areas (sales, support, operations, etc.) to become familiar with management viewpoints of the line and staff functions and the company policies and practices that affect each phase of the business. Responsible to lead branch operations in the absence of general manager by directing the activities of the service, sales and office managers.
• Assists with coordination of warehousing, production and sales in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Assists in directing the development and implementation of all sales/marketing strategies utilized by the branch.
• Assists with overseeing branch office functions including phone service standards, clerical services and collections.
• Develops plans for the efficient use of materials, equipment and employees.
• Assists in reveiwing production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations.
• Assists in preparing monthly budget projections and annual budget reprojections.
• Evaluates associate performance, making salary recommendations and administering disciplnary actions consistent with company policy.
• Assists in evaluating the quality of service provided to customers and developing procedures to minimize customer complaints.
• Prepares regional and corporate reports. Ensures recruiting, interviewing and staffing of personnel are conducted to efficiently staff the service, sales and administrative function.
• Indirectly manages two or more supervisors and five or more operations, sales, marketing and support associates. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
• ServiceMaster Commitment
• Customer Orientation/Positive Impact
• Results Orientation/Sense of Urgency
• Change Mastery
• Relationship Building/Sensitivity
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university preferred.
• Requires two or more (2+) years of experience in lawn/horticulture agronomics or related area(s) and willingness to relocate nationwide.
• Certificates, licenses and registrations as required by federal and state law.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business procedures.
• Ability to write reports, business and customer correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to customer questions.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Basic computer skills including Word and Excel.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages).
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
TruGreen - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
TruGreen provides landscape design, installation, and maintenance for office and retail centers, resorts, parks, and housing developments....