The Senior Leader of Global Product Development Communications reports to the head of Product Development Communications. This position will oversee the PD Intranet and all other digital internal communications (videos, newsletters, websites) and collaboration tools (Jive), provide strategic communications counsel to executive leadership and implement internal communication tactics to engage and inspire approximately 5,000 employees in Product Development. This individual will interact frequently with peers in the Company’s global communication hubs of Basel and South San Francisco as well as with colleagues in Product Development sites around the world. The position is based in South San Francisco.
Who are you
- Oversee the PD Intranet and all other digital internal communications (newsletters, websites). Manage a contractor who serves as a web administer and coordinator * Oversee updates and ongoing development of PD’s Jive collaboration tool * Work with IT colleagues and others to find the most effective tech solutions for communications and their measurement * Manage the production of videos to increase leadership visibility that contributes to employee engagement * Work with external agencies to ensure timely delivery of projects * Work with Internal Communication teams in Basel and South San Francisco * Write original content for intranet and other internal communications including executive emails and blogs * Provide strategic communications counsel to chief medical officer and Product Development leadership to ensure effective communications to key audiences
- Collaborate with Human Resources, senior management, and other communicators across the company to implement communications programs that inspire and engage employees responsible for drug development *Use existing and new communications channels
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues in Roche headquarters in Basel and at other Roche affiliates to ensure coordinated and consistent communications.
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies.
Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- A Bachelors degree is required, preferably in Journalism, Communications or English
- 10+ years employee communications experience
- Leadership experience - Self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced company
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong writing skills especially for internal audiences
- Experience with internal social media tools/technologies and collaboration platforms (e.g., Jive) and the application of external social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook to internal communications - Must be a tech-savvy self-starter with the ability to liaise with IT colleagues to find communications solutions – A collaborative and team-oriented style
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the company
- Experience contributing to efforts to build and nurture a strong and effective corporate culture
- Ability to thrive in an environment that encourages healthy, meaningful debate
- Ability to work successfully in ambiguous situations to create a path forward in uncharted territory
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of AP style, grammar
- Editing and proofreading skills
- Experience managing outside contractors
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to coordinate numerous projects while meeting deadlines
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button below.
- Familiarity with the pharma/biotech industry a plus
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Roche - 10 months ago
Roche is on a medicinal roll. The company operates two segments, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, and sells its products in some 180 countri...