We have a Driver – Residential (Semi-Automated)position open in Bowling Green, Ky.
The Driver – Residential (Semi-Automated) Drives a semi-automated residential truck to provide prompt, courteous and complete waste removal for residential customers.
Representative Responsibilities - Driver – Residential (Semi-Automated):
- Performs complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls.
- Drives heavy diesel truck along residential routes and to disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Loads residential waste into truck hopper if the toter dump/cart is unable to handle the load. Uses the toter dump/cart whenever possible.
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to lift/load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatcher(s) and supervisors.
- Writes labels and tags unsatisfactory waste containers and/or refuse.
- Cleans up the area around an accidental waste spill.
- Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each landfill or transfer station run.
- Reads route sheet, follows map and services each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
- Performs driver check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- As verified by a current MVR/driver abstract, must meet all qualifications as defined under DOT regulation 49 CFR 383.51
- Must meet Republic Services Driver MVR Qualification Standards.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- Two years commercial truck driving experience.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...